Sunday 14 May 2017

Last Dream

In the afternoon on September 8, the sun was shining, and the air was pleasantly salty. The day smelled like a shell that had been taken from the ocean and left to dry in the warm sun.
My mother and I were walking near the sea, we were talking about something, but I can't remember what. I was glad to share a stroll with her. During our time together, I sometimes looked beyond her eyes, and I could see the blue.


Then something in the deep attracted my attention. I looked closer, but I didn't see anything, nothing at all.
But... one moment, there was a shimmer. A little, small shimmer that caught my attention. My eyes had been captured by a feeble glare from the sea. Instinctively, I plunged into the deep.
When I came back, I told my mother that I had seen an enormous ampoule shaped structure, and it was coming, there was nothing left to do but wait.

When the strange passengers stepped out of the structure, I was pleasantly surprised. And my mother was too.
The Beatles cartoon characters jumped out, and they instantly became human. They wore hippie flower-power style clothing and they looked like a perfect cast from a black and white television show from the 70's. They began singing. The notes of Good Day, Sunshine gradually spread across the air.

George Harrison was wearing a cowboy hat, he came up to me, smiling, and thanked me for saving them from being forgotten.
He planted a kiss on the corner of my mouth. I felt like I was receiving a kiss from a good smelling page of a glossy magazine.
Then he beamed at me and said, "See you, cool girl!". He turned and walked on the other way to catch up with the band, and he left a trail of music behind him.
Now, the salty air was mixed with a flowery perfume that smelled like White Daisies.
And I would never forget.


No comments:

Post a Comment